Sunday, March 8, 2009

Banana Muffins

I don't often travel into the world of baking. My sweet tooth went MIA a few years ago which is probably a good thing considering my complete lack of impulse control. It's also not really my area of expertise, too specific, too many things to measure out. But I found myself with two bananas that were rapidly deteriorating, and we all know what you do with old bananas! I looked into making banana bread, but happened across this recipe as I was going through my recipe folder. I wrote it on a piece of notebook paper when I was in college, so I'm not totally sure, but I think it comes from the Cupcake Cafe Cookbook. And considering I love everything that comes from that wonderful place, I decided to give it a shot. They were mighty tasty, but a tad on the dry side in my opinion. So any suggestions on how to moisten them up are welcome!

Banana Muffins

2 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 lb butter
3/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 c mashed ripe bananas (approx 2)

preheat oven to 350
sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt together
cream butter and sugar
beat in eggs, one at a time
mix bananas into egg mixture
fold in dry ingredients until just blended
fill muffin cups 2/3 full
bake 25-35 minutes

3 comments:

keetens said...

For muffins, your best bet is vegetable oil...although no one likes to hear that, so I often add it in secret. If you're trying to be all healthy, applesauce is pretty good.

LianaCatherine said...

I agree with keetens. When I want a moist muffin, I reach for the canola.

Muffin said...

thanks for the advice, I gots no problem with the veggie oil. If it works, it works!